What is Digital Marketing?
What is Digital Marketing? Overview and Opportunities. Digital Marketing is a form of advertisement which takes place online. Digital marketing consists of social media, Search engine marketing, search engine optimization, email marketing, and content marketing.
Every year India is growing by 26% in terms of internet users and this number is only going to increase.
Digital Marketing is cost effective. Digital Marketing is suitable for any budget it does not matter you are ready to spend $5 or $50,000 you will be eligible to do Digital Marketing.
The Digital Marketing is often referred to as Online Marketing, Internet Marketing, and Web Marketing.
Other Components of digital marketing are blogging, Affiliate Marketing, Banner Advertising, Video Stream, Podcasts, and SMS.
What is Digital Marketing not?
Now we know that what is Digital Marketing and now let me tell what it is not
- It looks easier to start but it needs proper planning.
- We have to keep an eye on the outcome.
- It a Continuous improvement task.
- It is as complicated as you make.
Digital Marketing is mainly used for brand awareness customer acquisition and customer retention.
The beauty of Digital Marketing is that you can promote your products and services 24*7 without even present physically.
Digital Marketing can help any business improve by positive feedback and take immediate actions on Negative Feedback.
An individual or a company has many ways to promote their products and services and able to get customer feedback through Social Media Platform, Blogs, Forums, and Email Marketing.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Cost Effective
- Better Exposure
- Save Time
- Social CurrencyBrand Building
- Online Reputation
- Brand Awareness
- Easy Reach
How to be an Expert in Digital Marketing
1. Understand the Concept and clear your basics
2. Read, Read and Read.
3. Do not afraid to make mistakes.
4. Practice each time whatever you read.
5. Make Strategies and find case studies.
6. Start Blogging.
7. Learn how to create a website(WordPress) and apply your learning into action.
8. Join Groups and Forums.
9. Know your strength.
10. Focus one thing at a time.
11. Focus on Quality, not quantity.
Career Opportunities in Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Manager
2. Content Marketing Manager
3. Content Writing Manager
4. Inbound Marketing Manager
5. Social Media Marketing Manager
6. SEO Executive, Analyst or Manager
7. Copy Writers
8. Email Marketing Manager
9. Conversion Rate Optimizes Manager
The salary for various roles in Digital Marketing
- Executive level/ Strategist(0-2 Years Experience) – 1.5-2.5 Per Annum
- Team Leader Level/Senior Strategist(3-5 Years Experience) – 2-5 Per Annum
- Manager Level(5-10 Years Experience) – 5-12 Lakhs Per Annum
- Director Level(10+ Years Experience) – 20-30 Lakhs Per Annum
One more thing I want to bring to your notice is that in the Digital Marketing field demand is more than a supply which means there is a huge requirement of good Digital Marketer in the market. Some people without the knowledge of Digital Marketing applies to Digital Marketing Jobs and does not understand the value of Digital Marketing.
If you want to be good at Digital Marketing and want to improve your knowledge then aim for improving the personal brand.
Whatever campaign you are running or planning to run make a proper plan, write everything on a paper so that you will be able to understand it well and you can explain to others also.
This article is just a beginning of my journey towards my goal of becoming a successful digital Marketer and success to me means that I want to provide quality knowledge on all the Digital Marketing topics and create good courses and E-books to teach well.
Comment Below if you like this article or want to ask questions.